FIREFIGHTERS, GUESTS INJURED IN HOTEL FIRE IN MYANMAR

YANGON, Myanmar A total of 18 people, including eight firefighters, have been hospitalized for smoke inhalation injury in a hotel fire in Myanmar’s Tanintharyi region, the Information Ministry said Friday.

Caused by littered cigarette waste, a fire broke out at a clothing store at level-3 of Grand Jade Hotel in Myeik township at 10:30 p.m. local time Thursday.

All 121 guests were rescued in time and the fire was totally put out at 11:40 p.m. local time after over one-hour fight against the fire.

Investigation into the case is underway by the local authorities.

Source: NAM News Network